Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love Knows No Distance | LDR Care Package


February is a big month for Clark and I. We celebrated my birthday on the 2nd, Valentine's Day today, our (3 year) anniversary on the 16th, and his birthday on the 17th (yes I'm older than him and I never let him forget it)! Since we both have just started back at school, there's no way for us to be with each other. It makes me a little sad because this is our first time not with each other for these special occasions. But, just because we're not together doesn't mean I can't shower him with gifts like I normally do; I'm a huge gift giver, what can I say!? For Christmas I got Clark a GoPro, so for all our celebrations this month I decided to make him one big gift that was a little more personal, well really it's a lot of little things in one big care package! Here's what I put inside:

First I made him Open When letters. Now these I have been wanting to make for awhile but never had the occasion, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to give them to him.


I'll share with you what I put inside some of them!

Open when you miss me ~ Inside I put a recent picture of us, a list of songs he can listen to when he's missing me and a spritz of my perfume on a small piece of paper.

Open when you're stressed out ~ Inside I put a bunch of notecards with different bible verses that he can look up and I also wrote a motivational letter to keep his spirits up!

Open when it's the day before you get to see me again ~ Inside I put a letter and LDR coupons that are redeemable when we're together. These I got from LDR Magazine online, I love this place because they have tons of free LDR printables!

{ Photo from www.ldrmagazine.com }

Open when you need a laugh or a smile ~ Inside I put a few funny pictures of us from the past few years and I wrote funny quotes on note cards and put those inside as well. I have to share with you one of my favorite quotes because I just love it (haha LDR jokes)!


Open when you need to know how much I love you ~ This one is a little more simple, but it's definitely my favorite. Inside there is a love letter I wrote for Clark, just so he never forgets.

This is only some of what I put in the letters because a few are a little personal, but you get the idea! I love these because it's a way for me to be there with Clark when he's struggling or just needs a reminder that I'm always there for him.

Awhile back I had gotten Clark and I cute matching keychains, but his broke recently and with us being so far away from each other I thought I would get a new pair to replace them. I ordered these unique long distance keychains from Etsy! There were tons of LDR keychains to choose from, but I liked these the best! I kept the anchor for myself and I gave him the float. 


These are just fun little happy's I stuck in there! The Poo-Pourri spray is my favorite because Clark just loves this stuff and I find that so funny. He mentioned to me awhile ago that he was all out so I knew it would be a perfect edition to the package!



I also got him a TCU Tankard Stein from rallyhouse.com which he loved! I put a few of his favorite snacks in there as well as just a Valentine's, anniversary and birthday card. And I can't forget about his TCU painting I made for him, check out Getting Crafty for pictures. I decided to make the box a little more fun to open so I decorated is based on the different things we our celebrating! Here is the final product!

{ Left to right: Valentine's Day, LDR quote, our anniversary date, his Birthday }




2 comments :

  1. How do you and clark deal with being in a sorority/fraternity at different colleges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to just be getting back to your comment! Clark and I have both always wanted to join Greek Life so it was no surprise to either of us that we both were interested in joining a sorority/ fraternity this past year! For us, there isn't much to deal with. It's actually cool because we can talk about certain things such as philanthropy events or understand when the other one is busy with things such as chapter! When is comes to mixers, date parties, or formals, Clark and I had a conversation and we are totally okay with each other taking one of our friends from our school. It's hard for us to come to events like this since we are so far away from each other. This isn't a problem for us, however, because we trust each other completely and want each other to have fun at these events! For me, I would bring a friend who had a girlfriend so it wasn't weird or anything like that or a bunch of my friends would all go as a group! I hope this helped somewhat, thanks for the comment

      Delete

Back to Top